AREAS OF LAW
Enforcement of contractual claims both in and out of court, warranty and tort law, sports law
DRAFTING OF CONTRACTS AND WRITS
Transfers of real estate, last wills, residential property law, production contract, license agreement
FAMILY AND INHERITANCE LAW
Marriage, divorce and maintenance law as well as advice and the enforcement of inheritance claims including representation in estate proceedings, disputes both in and out of court
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW
Copyright law, industrial property protection, trademark law, media law
Custody, legal guardianships, standby guardianships, estate guardianships
Dunning (arears invoicing), filing lawsuits, forced collection proceedings
PRINCIPLES OF MANDATE, POWER OF ATTORNEY AND COST
- Representation and advice are provided within the framework of the “Contract Conditions for Lawyers”.
- Experience shows that the sooner legal advice is sought, the easier and more cost-efficiently it can be provided.
- A first meeting is held to generally record information and create the basis of this cooperation. We therefore recommend bringing all available documents, names and addresses of witnesses and other evidence to the meeting.
- Do you have legal expenses insurance? If yes, it is possible that this will cover the cost incurred. We therefore recommend bringing the relevant policy to the first meeting.
- The fees claim results from the agreement drawn up between the lawyer and their client. The law firm, Dr. Thomas Hofer-Zeni, offers different types of such agreements, however, their fees are based on an hourly rate in general. This is based on time worked and depends on the complexity of the case in particular. The valid version of the Austrian Lawyers’ Fees Act (Rechtsanwaltstarifgesetz – RATG) applies if no specific fees agreement is concluded.
- If you do not have sufficient income or assets to be able to afford a court case, you have the option of applying for legal aid in court.